Winter arrived in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex a few weeks early. Though the first day of winter technically isn’t until Saturday, December 21st, a nasty winter storm blew in this past Thursday. What a storm it was! The icy weather and freezing temperatures turned RED HAWK into a winter wonderland for several days. Just in time for Christmas!
Christmas lights and decorations were installed in RED HAWK a couple weeks ago, making our ice storm nights beautiful and oh so Christmasy. All that was missing was a sleigh ride and hot chocolate.
With winter arriving to the area, here are a few tips to keep your house safe and warm during our crazy winter moments:
- If you have a pool, make sure you keep it running throughout nights when the temperatures drop below freezing. This will prevent any exposed pipes from freezing as well as the pump itself.
- Detach all water hoses from the exterior of your house. Again, this protects your plumbing from freezing.
- Watering landscaping before a freezing night can prevent your plants from freezing…as long as temperatures are only supposed to be freezing at night.
- Change the rotation on your ceiling fans to clockwise. This will push the warm air on your ceiling and/or second floor down to the first floor, which will give your heater a little break.
- If you decide to travel during wintertime and a winter storm is expected, open the cabinet doors under your sinks. This will help keep your plumbing pipes warm during extreme or prolonged freezing temperatures. In addition, never turn your heater off when traveling during the winter. Just lower the temperature setting to the 50s to prevent it from running regularly.
- If you have a fire sprinkler system installed in your home, keep a careful eye on it during extreme freezing temperatures. Make sure your heater is left on when traveling and open closet and pantry doors to make sure the plumbing running above your ceiling stays warm. Fire sprinkler systems have a bad reputation for freezing and breaking pipes during especially cold spells.
Bundle up and stay warm during this winter weather. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year (maybe not for building but definitely for making memories with family)!
It’s a good time to buy a house — a really good time to buy. Bloomberg released an article last week (click here to read the full article) describing the building boom in Texas. It’s bigger than anticipated.
So, what does a big housing boom mean and how does it affect you, the home buyer?
1. A big housing boom is great for the Texas economy. The housing boom has been brought on by an ever-expanding population and continued increases in employment, much of which is due to relocating businesses. Texas is a great place to be economically-speaking.
2. A housing boom causes a reduction in the supply side of housing. Bloomberg reports that in the Dallas area there is a 2.8-month supply of inventory houses, which is about half of equilibrium between sellers and buyers.
3. Home prices are on the increase. According to Bloomberg, “existing-home prices in Dallas and Houston are rising faster than at any time since the oil boom of the 1980s.” This is great for current home owners looking to sell. It is also a big incentive for those looking to buy a new home; now is the time to buy before prices increase further.
4. Mortgage interest rates have increased in recent months to help balance out the supply-demand issue in Texas housing. Rather than slow down the buying side, buyers have picked up the pace thinking they need to buy now before interest rates rise again.
The bottomline is that now is the time to buy. With an increased demand for housing and mortgage rates on the rise, this is a great time to upgrade the quality of your home. You will likely be able to sell your existing home quickly and you will save for years to come with interest rates in the 4% range, all while improving the quality of your life with a new home.
Come see RED HAWK. Lots are going quickly, but we still have several options for you!
As native oaks and cedar elm bud with bright green branches, RED HAWK, a new in-town residential community takes shape. The trees and Spring season seem to welcome the completion of Coppell’s newest neighborhood. Streets are now completed along with an impressive stacked stone wall that gracefully winds its way around the development. The development sign announcing RED HAWK also was erected recently. Exclusive builders, Holmes Builders and Cambridge Homes, have put the final touches on their model home designs and construction will begin soon. However, there are already twelve lots reserved by anxious home buyers. With this much activity, homes will move quickly. Interested home buyers are encouraged to contact the builders as soon as possible for their select lot. Landscaping is set to begin shortly around the wall and perimeter of the new community.
This exciting concept in patio living is a first for the area. Residents will have walkable access to a variety of city parks and retail centers. There is even a local Starbuck’s located within walking distance. Builders promise a variety of home styles inspired by celebrated international flavor but with the latest conveniences and detail. These homes feature stunning patio yards and attractive outside living areas. It is sure to become one of the most preferred neighborhoods within the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex.
Watch for more NEWS soon!
The long anticipated RED HAWK quickly nears completion with several lots already reserved by anxious new home buyers. Coppell’s newest neighborhood is actually a first for the city. RED HAWK is a distinctive in-town community with patio home residences within a stylish location. Streets are now completed along with a gorgeous stone wall that surrounds RED HAWK. Within the next few weeks, exclusive builders, Holmes Builders and Cambridge Homes begin construction on new home models as well as new residences for several buyers. Model homes will be available for tours beginning in July and August. However, interested home buyers are encouraged to contact the builders as soon as possible. Landscaping is set to begin shortly throughout the new community.
The City of Coppell is excited over this new concept in living. For the first time in the city’s history, residents will live in an urban-style neighborhood with walkable convenience to parks, retailers, coffee shops and farmer’s market. Residents will enjoy provided front lawn care and a wide variety of home styles and custom interiors. Each home features dynamic patio yards and attractive outside living areas. Prospective residents seeking convenience, attractive homes, easy care, innovation and unlimited options, are recommended to contact the builders to discuss the possibilities.